Distinguishing yourself in a phone interview:
- 7 Ways to Crush a Phone Interview:Too often, well qualified candidates trip themselves up on the phone screen interview. But not you. At this stage, you will likely deal with someone in human resources whose role is to pave the way for the hiring manager to decide which candidates to bring in for a more serious discussion……………..Read More
- 17 Phone Interview Tips to Guarantee a Follow-Up:
Since we haven’t descended into SMS texting interviews quite yet (praise be to Google), phone interviews are still a regular staple of the job hunter.Today I’m telegraphing over some top tips for owning the phone interview………………….Read More
Making a strong impression face-to-face:
- 12 Surprising Job Interview Tips:
You’re almost there. Your resume landed you an interview and now it’s time to seal the deal. So what’s the best way to prepare?
To find the answer, I looked back on my interviews, sifted through research, and most importantly, asked employees from today’s most coveted companies. I tried to find deep insights beyond the typical “sit up straight!” and “dress to impress!” tips we hear too much.
Below you’ll find the 12 best tips to help before, during and after your interview……………Read More
- Business Etiquette: 6 Questions to Ask at a Job Interview:
Most job seekers spend a great deal of time preparing for the interview, anticipating how they will answer questions while looking confident and self-assured. But, the process works both ways. Not only is it a chance for a prospective employer to learn more about the interviewee, but it’s also an opportunity for you to gain a greater understanding about a job that could potentially be a long term commitment…………….Read More
Preparing for behavioral interview questions:
- How to Answer Behavioral Interview Questions: How to Ace the 50 Most Common Interview Questions:
I recently laid out the year’s most oddball interview questions. The Glassdoor list included queries from companies like Google, Bain & Co., and Amazon, which are notorious for their perplexing and unusual job interview questions.
In 2012, the search giant asked a candidate, “How many cows are in Canada?” while Bain challenged an interviewee to estimate the number of windows in New York. Amazon asked a candidate, “If Jeff Bezos walked into your office and offered you a million dollars to launch your best entrepreneurial idea, what would it be?”………….Read More
Following up professionally with an employer:
- Follow-Up: Where Job Applicants Go Wrong:
Employers know that interviewing isn’t in everybody’s wheelhouse. Many people are nervous or they embellish their true accomplishments. That being said, the follow-up can really help you stand apart from those who neglect this important component of the hiring process or approach it completely wrong……………Read More
July 26, 2016